Sunday, April 24, 2011

C4K Summary #'s 7, 8, 9, and 10

a little boy and girl sitting in front of a computer

C4K #7


Skyping w/ Mr. Webb


Filed Under (Main Page) by jkmcclung on 15-03-2011

DSC01057Jennifer from my 6th period class goes through a Q & A session with students from Mr. Webb’s class.

On Monday we were able to have an impromptu Skype conversation with a few of Mr. Webb’s students from New Zealand. All together the conversation lasted about 10 minutes, but we were able to learn quite a bit about each other in that time period…for instance, they picked up on the fact that we say the word “y’all” in Arkansas quite a bit. Who knew. The entire experience was very fun and exciting for the kids on my end and we are looking forward to having the opportunity to Skype again in the future.

Mr. McClung

My Reply

Tracy Hunt Says:
April 3rd, 2011 at 11:17 PM

Hello, I am a student at the University of South Alabama majoring in Elementary Education. This post was absolutely amazing and it’s great that such a wonderful program like “skype” can bring in so much excitement. Skype is a great way for students (and anyone) to interact with one another, and to learn about each other and anything for the matter.
Tracy Hunt
EDM310
http://hunttracyedm310.blogspot.com


C4K #8

Whats going on with the Earth???
Posted by connor19 in Uncategorized

Whats going on with the earth?

Have a count of how many recent natural disasters that have happened. The answer is 5 that has happened in the last three months! Now you cant tell me that isn’t a lot cause it is. Please comment and tell me how you feel about this or what you think is happening. It should be interesting what different people say.

Cheers Connor

My Reply

Tracy Hunt says:
April 8, 2011 at 2:48 pm

Hi Connor,
I am a student in Dr. Strange’s class at the University of South Alabama majoring in Elementary Education. First off, you have a very nice blog and I love the layout of it. Keep up the great work! I agree with you that there have been a lot of disasters happening lately around the world. It’s devastating at what happened in Japan with the tsunami and earthquake. I feel really bad for them right now. Perhaps you could talk to your teacher and do some type of fund raising and send a donation to the red-cross or something to go towards the Japan relief? Natural disasters are always devastating on communities, as they destroy everything in their path. Although it’s horrible what happened, it is also great to see the people and communities in Japan coming together and helping each other out. Great teamwork for such a horrible time. Disasters like this require teamwork and people working together to get things cleaned up, and support from one-another. You are more than welcome to visit and comment on my blog anytime you wish. http://hunttracyedm310.blogspot.com And again, keep up the great work with your blog!
Tracy Hunt
EDM310
http://hunttracyedm310.blogspot.com

C4K #9

Thursday, March 31, 2011
April is Family Blogging Month!

My Reply

Tracy said...

My name is Tracy Hunt, I am a student at the University of South Alabama in Dr. Strange's EDM310 class majoring in Elementary Education. After viewing this blog, I must say that you've done a fantastic job! I love how the students are so involved. I love that the month of April is set aside for Family Blogging. I love this idea because it allows the parents, grandparents, etc. to get involved. You have done an absolute fantastic job creating this blog, and the fact that the students are so involved is just incredible.
Tracy Hunt
EDM310 student
http://hunttracyedm310.blogspot.com
April 17, 2011 8:57 PM

C4K #10

Seezdeh-Bedar
On Sunday, I participated in an Iranian celebration called Seezdah-Bedar!
Seezdah-Bedar is celebrated on the thirteenth day after Norouz, the Persian New Year. It marks the end of the New Year celebration. Seezdah means thirteen and bedar means to pass over. Seezdah-Bedar is therefore the passing over the thirteenth day of the new year, as many consider thirteen to be an unlucky number. On this day families leave their houses and head for parks, gardens, or country sides and enjoy their day together with a picnic. By having a joyous and laughter filled day outdoors, Iranians believe that they can keep bad luck away!

On Sunday morning, as with millions of other Iranians, every member of my family got up early to prepare for Seezdeh-Bedar at the park. We packed our car with all the necessary supplies, such as blankets, traditional foods, fruits, pastries, backgammon, and the Sabzeh (sprouted wheat or lentils) which had adorned the Haft Seen for thirteen days. The Sabzeh which by now had turned yellow symbolizes sickness and problems and is thrown into a flowing stream at the end of the picnic.

Once we got to the park I met up with my friends, we spent the day feeding ducks, playing on the playground, and riding our scooters. There were a lot of different booths selling different foods, such as ice-cream, Iranian food, and pastries. My friends and I stopped at a cotton-candy booth and we got some delicious blue cotton-candy! In the meantime, our parents and all other adults were enjoying themselves by socializing, playing backgammon or cards, eating, and dancing. The atmosphere was very festive!

My Reply

Blogger Tracy said...

Hello Hannah,
My name is Tracy Hunt, I am a student at the University of South Alabama in Dr. Strange's EDM310 class. I loved your blog post about Seezdah-Bedar, it was really interesting. I have actually never heard of it before, but upon learning about it from what you wrote on it, it sounds very fun and exciting. You looked as if you enjoyed yourself quite a bit from the pictures taken. You are welcome to visit my blog as well anytime you wish. Keep up the great work!
Tracy Hunt
EDM310
http://hunttracyedm310.blogspot.com

April 24, 2011 2:53 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment